Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions page of MyHappySkin
General information IPL hair removal
- Is IPL Safe?
- Does it hurt?
- How often do you have to do an IPL treatment?
- How does IPL work?
- What is the difference between IPL Hair Removal and Laser Hair Removal?
Both IPL and laser hair removal use light and, in turn, heat to destroy hair from the root. The main difference between IPL hair removal and laser hair removal is the light spectrum used. IPL uses a wide range of wavelengths of light to produce a single white flash, while lasers use one wavelength of light that creates a single beam.
- What is the recommended minimum age for use?
- Can there be side effects from an IPL treatment?
- I smell a slight burning odor during use, is this safe / normal?
Important Safety & Skin / Hair Conditions Information
- Can I sunbathe after a treatment?
We do not recommend sunbathing within 48 hours after the treatment. We also recommend not to have healthy for at least two weeks before a treatment.
This does not mean that you cannot go into the sun, use good sun protection and you can just go into the sun.
- I have sensitive skin, can I use the IPL?
Our handsets are designed to be suitable for home use, so they are gentle on the skin. This means that it is also suitable for sensitive skin types.
- I have PCOS. Will this product work for me?
IPL can absolutely be used for hormonal hair growth and has proven to be quite effective.
Information regarding treatment
- How often do I use the handset?
We recommend using the MyHappySkin IPL Hair Removal Handset every week for 10 weeks, or until the desired result is achieved. After this period once a month for three months or until the desired result is achieved. To maintain a smooth skin, we recommend that you keep using it 2-4 times a year.
- How do I clean the handset?
It is recommended to clean the handset after each use. You can use an alcohol swab or an antibacterial product to clean the handset and light exit window after the treatment. Make sure your handset is turned off and unplugged before doing this. Then store the handset in a cool, dry place after use (once the handset is completely dry).
- How do I use the handset?
On the back you can press a smaller button, this will turn on the handset. This also controls the level of strength. There is a larger button on the front and with this you control that the handset actually “flashes”
During use, the Handset must be connected to the power cord.
Information guarantee MyHappySkin
- Does MyHappySkin have a money back guarantee?
Yes, you have. We are confident that we can offer you the best home IPL hair removal kit in the world. That's why we're proud to offer you our 90-day 100% money-back guarantee. You can read more about it here
- Does the handset have a warranty?